Fitsonme is in Paris and trying to bring it with the fashion. I was nervous I wasn’t going to get into any shows. Luckily, I ended up getting into two fashion show and it was amazing. Now for the rest of the week I have presentations. I learned that you have to start somewhere. It’s not easy getting into the fashion shows in Paris, I emailed almost 25-30 shows. And only received 2 invites, if your starting out going to fashion week abroad. You have to be patient it takes time to build your repoar with the public relations agency.
1. Post content immediately-If you do get content from the fashion shows post your content immediately. The brands want to see their collection being promoted.
2. Hashtag and Tags- use the brands and hashtag. The brands needs to see which attendees are posting about their brand.
3. Be patient- if a brand doesn’t know you. Make them know you this gives you reliability and presence. Because your the new kid on the block and it’s your first day. So put your name out there!
4. Build relationships- I learned that most individuals in the fashion industry are trying to do the same thing as you. So work together to help one another build their brand. As your trying to build your brand too.
5. Have fun- if you don’t get into shows explore invites with showrooms and presentation. There’s so many opportunities in Paris that are awaiting you. So go out there and have fun!
For me, I have what it takes. I know that I can make it in Paris it will take sometime. I’m willing to put in the work.
As for my look, I got this 3-piece outfit from New York & company from Eva Mendes line. I’m in love with this look. It’s super comfortable and works well with my body type. I really lucked out I got this 3-piece look for only $50 what a steal! Check out more looks during my week of Paris Fashion Week!